Improve your chess Opening
“Play the opening like a book, middle like a magician, and the endgame like a machine.”
A very accurate and deep quote teaching you about how to play chess. You should always play the opening like a book. The strategy for the opening should be like you are describing everything about your game to the opponent. It should be like a forthcoming book to the opponent and also very mysterious. Your back plan should be prepared for your mysterious moves.
A strong opening is like winning half a game of chess. Making the first moves of your game strong and fully planned will make the further game easier for you. The initial moves in the game of chess are known as “openings” or “opening moves.”There are many opening strategies studied and invented for a hundred years. Every such opening is a strong challenge for the opponent but we also have to dominate strategies for the same.
A weak opening or lame moves have no point in chess. They will lead to a complicated game and you will lose the game. Bad openings also lead to games that end quickly and have no excitement at all. Many players start the game with bad openings and passive moves that need long defensive moves in the end. A strong opening leaves excitement for the opponent. In this way, opponents make many mistakes in excitement and lose the game.
Here are some famous openings in the game of chess, to make the game more interesting:-
1.e4 e5 2. d4 exd4 3. C3
In this, the white sacrifices its pawn to develop its game.
1.e4 e5 2.f4 exf4 3.Nf3 g5 4.Bc4 g4 5.Ne5 Qh4+ 6.Kf1 f3
1.e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. d4
1.e4 e5 2. f4
1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.Nxe5
1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 f5
Fried Liver Attack
1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nf6 4.Ng5 d5 5.exd5 Nxd5 6.Nxf7 Kxf7
Over here are some ways to make your openings strong:-
- You don’t need to learn each and every chess opening and practice it. This will merely cause confusion in your mind. Prefer those moves which go with your style of playing and practice it. This will make chess easier for you, and you can also think about how to defend your moves while playing it.
- Many times, the openings have the same plan but different moves. You should think about your plan first then moves. Learning the openings first and possessing no clue about the plan represents an appalling waste of time for you.
- Play according to the basic chess opening principles
- Develop and threaten the opponent. A trick for winning chess is to develop the pieces in the center. Make the center strong and alongside also castle the king. While performing this, develop the center in such a way that it threatens the opponent. Threatening the opponent will prevent the opponent’s move limited and in such ways, you can focus on attacking.
Opening principles in the game of chess:-
- Develop your pieces.
- Protect the pawn for attacking. Don’t waste your pawn moves.
- King and Queen need protection. Don’t grip them out too soon. Castle them.
- Moving a similar kind of piece repeatedly will make you weak. Always plan moves with different pieces.
- Castling is the key.
- Play in the center. This will provide you space to develop other pieces and equally protect your centerpieces. Center played games are more powerful than the ones where all pieces are played directly.